JOB FAMILY RECRUITMENT
Continuously recruiting in other countries for hard-to-fill roles.
INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT VALUE CHAIN - HERE IS HOW IT WORKS!
What is the impact on the business of not having enough of the right people to align with achieving corporate goals?
What is the cost-benefit analysis of using international recruitment?
What is the expected return on investment?
What are your competitors doing?
Will using IR to access a new source of employees provide a competitive advantage?
What is the cost of doing nothing?
Will employees require a work permit or will they be granted permanent residence status – will employees enter Canada on a temporary work permit?
Will the client support the application for permanent residency for the employee?
If the client is using the Temporary Foreign Worker Program this requires a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) which can take months to process.
International Mobility Program provides for employee work permits that are exempt from having to obtain an LMIA. Specific programs, such as NAFTA, offer faster processing for qualified employees.
Work to understand government compliance requirements and assign responsibilities to ensure that the IR program is conducted in agreement with these guidelines
Develop policies and procedures to relocate and onboard foreign employees to set them up for success
EQ Staffing works with the client to determine the scope, scale and execution of the recruitment project, this includes:
- The types of positions – job descriptions, NOC codes, total compensation package, etc.
- The number of positions to be recruited for.
- Identify the recruitment process – in person interviews in country, video interviewing, preemployment testing, background checks.
- Which countries will be targeted for the recruitment campaign?
- What is the involvement of the client in the recruitment process?
- Where will the jobs be advertised: internet, job boards, trade publications, etc.
- Identify overseas recruiting partners to work with.
- Develop prescreening and interviewing process.
- Develop process to confirm candidate eligibility to enter and work in Canada.
EQ Staffing executes on the agreed upon IR strategy
Weekly reporting of metrics to client including:
- Resumes received.
- Phone, video interviews conducted.
- Qualified candidates identified.
Negotiate offers of employment that are aligned to LMIA.
Coordinate relocation, onboarding and orientation process.
Herman Van Reekum is a leading immigration professional with 30+ years of immigration experience. He graduated from the University of Calgary with a B.A and M.A in Political Science in 1984. Herman worked as an immigration officer, supervisor and acting manager with Citizenship and Immigration Canada from 1986 to 1993. He left government service in 1993 to found VRV Global, an immigration consultancy that eventually became one of Canada’s largest corporate immigration firms. In addition to providing immigration services for some of Canada’s most respected corporations, the company was involved in foreign worker recruitment and international relocation. VRV Global was acquired by CIBT Visas/Newland Chase in 2014 and Herman was the Managing Director of the Canadian office until 2017. Herman has published several industry-related articles, and frequently speaks on immigration topics to various organisations. He also served as Chair of the Board of Directors of the Calgary Catholic Immigration Society from 2013 to 2016 and was a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.
HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE YOUR COMPANY'S CURRENT CONDITION?
- 1) Is your company chronically short of key, revenue producing staff?
- 2) Have you exhausted traditional recruitment methods?
- 3) Are corporate goals not being achieved because of a labour shortage?
- 4) Is your company losing opportunities to the competition due to a lack of key employees?