Hiring a new employee can be a complex and time-consuming procedure. You need to draft/place advertisements, review resumes, screen candidates, schedule interviews, undertake follow-up, and negotiate salaries. A recruitment agency can simplify the process! When looking for a new hire for your company, partnering with a recruitment agency has many benefits.
What is a recruitment agency?
A recruitment agency, sometimes known as a staffing agency or recruiting firm, is an organization that matches job candidates and companies. An agency works for the benefit of businesses and job seekers to match the candidate with suitable experience and skills to the available position. Staffing agencies place candidates in long and short-term positions, often provide executive search and direct hire services, and enable contracts to hire or temporary contracts. Firms may be experts for particular pay levels or in particular sectors/industries.
How does the recruitment process work?
To attract applicants, recruitment agencies use advertisements, their website, job fairs, job sites, and social media. The agency identifies capable candidates, quantifies skills, checks abilities/references, and then presents a short list of candidates to the client company. The employer considers the comments and information provided and arranges an interview with the candidate(s). The recruitment firm continues to provide insights and support until a candidate is hired.
What are the benefits of using a recruitment agency?
Outsourcing recruitment services is a tactical move with many benefits. Recruitment agencies:
- Provide expertise and experience: Recruitment agencies have a high level of expertise, exceeding the human resource department of most firms. They’ve worked with companies of many sizes, possess knowledge of technical skills/roles, have operated in various industries, are familiar with new technology, can identify transferable skills, and are aware of market trends. They can develop a position profile, identify areas of need, and find highly qualified candidates for the position.
- Share knowledge of the market: Recruitment agencies provide beneficial advice and insight regarding the sector(s) they operate in. Clients gain access to a firm’s knowledge of available skill sets, salary rates, current hiring complexities, career expectations, and market trends.
- Assist in developing a hiring strategy: A recruitment agency assists a client in deciding whether to look for a direct hire or contract-to-hire candidate, clarifying what personality traits/skills are appropriate for a position, and determining how many employees are needed to meet the company’s growth goals. The recruitment firm also provides tips and guidelines on how to interview candidates.
- Take care of candidate checks: A recruitment firm verifies the background, confirms educational achievements, and provides criminal clearance for promising candidates.
- Have access to a large pool of quality candidates: Recruitment agencies have access to a wide pool of candidates, constantly expand their professional network, and attract top-tier talent. Their talent pool consists of referenced and pre-screened candidates that they’ve assessed and interviewed.
- Provide an extended reach: Recruitment firms help companies find passive talent, candidates that are not actively seeking a position. They know who these passive candidates are, how to contact them, and how to encourage them to change positions.
- Provide quick candidate placement: The streamlined and expedited hiring process of a recruitment agency quickly places talented candidates. Their large talent pool, vast network of connections, and access to expensive systems enable them to quickly locate candidates with the skill(s) you seek.
- Improve retention: Turnover is expensive for a company. A recruitment agency helps you place the best candidate in the right position (the first time), reducing training costs, and increasing retention rates.
- Assume some liabilities: Recruitment firms are the employer of record for temporary employees, assuming responsibility/liabilities for temporary hires they place.
- Save time: Put your energy and time into important day-to-day responsibilities for your business. Let the recruitment agency spend time posting job openings, sourcing candidates, verifying information (qualifications, references), reviewing resumes, and scheduling interviews.
- Save money: Recruitment agencies get the job done quickly, relieving clients of the costs of background verification, pre-employment testing, drug screening, and payroll processing/benefits administration. They also reduce training expenditure by finding qualified employees.
Save money and time, fill open positions quickly, and source highly qualified candidates by using a recruitment agency for all your hiring needs.
Interested in outsourcing recruitment? Equation Staffing Solutions offers customizable services to fit your company’s needs. With scalable services, proven processes, and on-site or remote associates, EQ can create a solution that meets your needs. We function as an extension of your team. Call us at 1-844-367-9618. We are an innovative, reliable, collaborative agency available to support you in your search for personnel and/or a position Our experience will benefit your business! Contact us today.